SUN DRIED TOMATO
Recipe & Photo Submitted by: Rick Beach Enough for 2 pieces of freshly Grilled Salmon (Salt & Pepper to taste) Great on grilled Swordfish too. Multiply as needed.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Stalks Celery thinly sliced and then chopped
- 2 cloves FreshGarlic (Peeled crushed and minced)
- 4 Tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil drained or 2 Ripe Roma Tomatoes, Diced 1/4 inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp Chopped fresh Cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Salt Or to taste-Slightly on the salty side
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Garnish top prior to serving
- 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Tbsp coarsely chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
- Using a Non Stick frying/saute pan heat oil on medium high
- Add and quickly saute the Celery and Garlic (stir constantly to avoid burning-Don't let Garlic turn dark)
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the Grated Parmesan Cheese & Chopped Basil leaves
- Hold the Parmesan Cheese & Chopped Basil leaves until the end.
- Continue cooking the tomato ingredients on medium high heat, constantly stirring and folding over until liquid is gone. Blackened in places is perfect....but don't over do it. Cook all the liquid out of the mixture until it is thick enough to pile and not flatten out or leach liquid.
- Just prior to serving on freshly grilled salmon, add the Grated Parmesan Cheese & Chopped Fresh Basil. Keep over heat and stir into the mixture for about 1 minute to wilt the chopped Basil. Immediately pile a generous portion on each serving of freshly grilled Salmon. Top with a fresh sprig of Basil
6,247 total views, 2 views today