Recipe courtesy of Rick Beach This is a great side dish. Or for use in other recipes that call for "Spanish Rice" Add an addition of 1lb ground beef (browned) to be used as a main dish. This recipe makes about 3 to 4 Cups of Spanish Rice.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup White Rice Uncooked
- 1 Onion (Sweet) Chopped
- 1 Greeen Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic Minced
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 14.5 oz Can Chopped Tomatoes Fire Roasted
- 2 tsp Chili Powder Non Spicy, Not Hot Spicy
- 2 Tbsp Cilamtro Flakes dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black ground pepper
- Heat oil in deep skillet. Saute uncooked rice, onion, bell pepper, until rice is brown and onions tender. Add minced garlic toward the end. Stir in and don't burn the garlic.
- Stir in water, & tomatoes. Stir in all seasonings. Simmer for about 30 minutes covered. Or until rice is cooked and liquid absorbed.
To use the basic Spanish Rice recipe as a main dish. Add 1 lb of browned ground beef, browned ground chicken, or browned ground turkey.
11,529 total views, 2 views today