Banana Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Banana Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins (Recipe and Image courtesy: Rick Beach)
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 1 Cup Bananas Mashed (about 2 regular sized bananas)
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Flour unsifted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In medium bowl combine the oats and milk and set aside to allow liquid to absorb.
- In large bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients and whisk to combine. The Nutmeg, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Flour, Salt, and Cinnamon.
- Stir the melted butter and whisked egg into the milk and oats. Stir in the Smashed Bananas, then the Blueberries.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until well moistened.
- Line muffin pan with paper cupcake/muffin liners. Spray papers with spray oil such as Pam. Fill muffin cups 3/4 Full. Bake in preheated oven 425°F for 15 minutes and passes the toothpick test.