BREAD Artisan Flax Seed & Beer (No Knead)
This is a no knead yeast bread. It does require allowing it to self rise overnight on the counter.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Yeast Instand Rapid Rise Bread Machine Type
- 12 oz Beer Varieties Change the Flavor (Experiement)
- In a large dough mixing bowl. Add Salt, Yeast, and ground Flax Seed to Flour
- Add Beer to the combined dry ingredients. Stir together until completely mixed into a rough ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit on counter 6-18 hours.
- Sometime after the initial 8 hours when dough has at least doubled, turn the "proofed" dough out onto a floured board. Pat the dough out flat. Fold over on itself 4 or 5 times. (No Kneading)
- Oil the inside of your Dutch Oven. Place the dough into the oiled Dutch Oven. Oil the top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap once again. Allow to raise 1 1/2 to 3 hours. Gently peel the plastic off when time to bake to avoid deflating the dough. Using a 8 inch Dutch Oven you will bake with the lid off. Using a 10 in Dutch Oven you can bake with the lid on or off. If baking with the lid on be sure to coat the lid with oil. The dough will most likely push up to the lid and recreate the lid pattern. It also may actually push the lid up higher, until you get more familiar with this baking technique and perhaps not adding all the dough based on your baking vessel size.
- Preheat oven to 450°F Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. If you tap on the crust you should hear the distinctive hollow sound of properly baked bread.
- Shake out the loaf to cool on a rack. For soft crust, brush all surfaces with butter once out of the Pan/Dutch Oven, and still hot.
7,545 total views, 4 views today