RECIPE: EASY BAGELS
This is a no yeast, quick and easy recipe for bagels. We often do these in a Dutch Oven while camping. I can't take credit for the recipe since a friend [Kathleen LeBlanc] shared it, and the technique, with me while camping. She did not know where it originated either.
- 1 Cup Self Rising Flour Or 1 C regular flour + 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt Not Regular Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Regular Table) or 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Large Egg White
- Preheat Oven to 375°F - Or Charcoal for 375° Spray oil a cookie sheet or Dutch Oven bottom. Parchment paper could be used too, but spray oil the paper too.
- In bowl combing the self rising flour and salt. Whisk together
- With a fork, spatula or hands, mix in the yogurt until combined and looks like crumbles.
- On a floured board knead the dough a few times. Dough should be tacky, not sticky. (15 to 20) turns.
- Divide into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball into 3/4-inch thick ropes and join the ends to form your bagel. Or make a ball and poke a hole with your finger then stretch/form your bagel
- Top with egg white wash and sprinkle with the seasoning you prefer.
- Bake on the top rack of your oven. Or in a Dutch Oven with top heat for 375°F based on you Dutch Oven size.
The "Apple Pie Bagel". Canned Apple Pie Filling - Cinnamon - Salt - Butter
6,905 total views