DIP Artichoke Spinach
Recipe: by Rick Beach
Best baked in a Dutch Oven using a single or double ring of rolls (unbaked dough formed into rolls), surrounding the Dip. Then baking them together in the same Dutch Oven.
- 12 - 14 oz Marinated artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped (can also use regular canned artichokes, about 2/3 cup chopped)
- 4 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach Chop Coursely after measuring [or 6 oz frozen chopped Spinach thawed and drained]
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Real mayonnaise Not Miracle Whip
- 1/2 Onion Sweet type finely chopped and sautéed
- 2 Stalks celery finely chopped and sautéed
- 1 clove garlic minced sautéed
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce or any "hot sauce"
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded + more for “serving” topping
- Salt and pepper
Sauté Celery, Onion, and garlic in a small amount of butter. Start celery first and sauté until translucent. Add the onion and continue until translucent. Lastly add the garlic and sauté a short period of time. Do not burn or over cook the garlic or it will turn bitter.
If using frozen spinach, thaw and drain it. You can speed this up by microwaving until thaw. Then squeezing with paper towels to absorb any water.
Mix all ingredients until uniformly combined.
Preheat oven to 375°F
Spread in a well-greased glass/ceramic/stone baking dish, tart, or quiche pan so that the dip is about 1 ½ to 2 inches deep.
Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until light brown spots appear on the surface. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the ¼ Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese and garnish with Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
Serve hot/warm with bread or crackers.